Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Time

My birthday was last week which is my favorite day of the year. Unfortunately it was in the middle of the week, those are the hardest to celebrate properly. I pretty much turn into a 5 year old when it's my birthday and this year I took the day off from work and was determined to have a nice relaxing day. That, of course, didn't last long, I found out that I to give a presentation in my Comparative Politics class the night of my birthday.
I once again procrastinated and ended up doing most of my presentation prep an hour before class. I did manage to finish it though and didn't pass out or get sick while giving my presentation. I never really get sick but I was glad to have it over with.
This really just goes to show how life changes over time. When you're 5 you count down your birthday for months, I still do that but it's still different. I don't really expect or care about presents anymore, it's all about how I spend my time and who I spend it with. I also don't mind doing things I have to do like going to work or doing a presentation. I would prefer not to have to do those things on special occasions such as the day of my birth but that's how life is and the world unfortunately does not revolve around me. Balance is important and when you don't have a say in things that come up it is important to roll with the punches and keep up with your obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment