Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've learned a lot from all of my classes this semester. Looking back on the first week I really thought I had put my self in a tough situation. All of my classes seemed like they would be more demanding then any of my past ones. Thinking about my classes now I couldn't have picked a better schedule, except for maybe nutrition. I had American History Tuesday nights, Comparative Politics Wednesday nights, and Media Writing on Thursday nights. All of them intertwine and are so relevant to one another that things I would learn in one class would be related to other topics for my following classes. For example in my history class I learned that Presidents in our history that end up being unpopular are not always because of things they have done. If a President before them made a bad decision but the fall out didn't hit until the next guy unfortunately the current president takes the heat. The next night in my Comparitive Politics class we would discuss our current economic state and the fact that blame can be put in many places but as far as it being President Obama's fault, that isn't necessarily true. Things became bad with President Bush but since it is worse now President Obama takes, as I said before, a lot of the heat. Thursday night in class we learn all about media and the different ways things are written and reported and what makes news. President Obama gets a lot of media attention due to the problems we are having with our country, how the unemployment rate keeps going up, our economy has yet to stabalize and now health care passing. All of things are relevant to us and everyone is touched by them in some way of their life, it's all news.
I feel as if I have a better understanding by having taken all these classes in the same semester. It wasn't planned, I just took things I needed to or wanted to and I feel I got extremely lucky. I'm smarter now because of it and appreciate my teachers and the way they helped me understand the different sides and complex aspects of my classes.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    Great looking blog. Pres. Bush stepped into a sliding recession when he took office from Bill Clinton...Bush and the boys cut taxes and helped the economy flourish like none other in history. Although, Bush didn't pay close enough attention to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, who were in charge of the fanny mae and Freddy Mac fiascos...when they went down, it was the beginning of the bursting of the housing bubble...Bush also messed up by trying to throw money on the problem, BUT Obama has made it worse by spending more money...tons more. They just need to cut expenditures, which they won't and cut taxes...which they won't. Pres. Reagan made it work in the 1980's. Also Obama and Pelosi and Reid have created a huge financial problem with this health care bill and haven't really solved the problem. It is a tort reform, open the market for insurance, and illegal immigration problem...it does need to be fixed, but not the way the Democrats have chosen.
    Later
    j

    ReplyDelete