Monday, April 12, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

So I mentioned that i took up snowboarding as a hobby. Unfortunately the snowy season won't last forever. Knowing this my sister-in-law and I gathered some people and signed up for a volleyball league. I love volleyball but have never played it competitively, so we just joined a recreation league. We're not very good but that doesn't really matter to any of us. The problem I have is the timing. I figured surely starting a league in April won't be a big deal. I would only have a couple weeks left of classes so I wouldn't have no free time for long, not true. It was the worst possible timing in the world. I have a million assignments and tests on my plates on top of work. Let's add in volleyball on one of the only free nights I had to study. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
Word to the wise, never start any kind of league when it's getting to finals time. I am super stressed, within the next two weeks I have three tests, two papers, and five assignments due on top of it all I have to move. Oh, did I mention I'm not sure where I'm moving yet? Yes, never start a league toward finals time.
Despite all of these things, this is one of the funnest things I have ever done. I really enjoy having a hobby and getting out of the house. Timing is everything though, if I can make it the next two weeks I'm sure I'll enjoy the league that much more. I think it is important to find or make time to do things you enjoy. If you do nothing but work, complain, and stress all the time then life is going to pass by too quickly and you might miss out on a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment